Thursday, June 28, 2007

Best day of the Year

Well I have to say that today has been, and probably will be the best day of the year. For the past 9 months, we have been counting down to today. Lindsey gave birth to a beautiful baby boy today.

Adam Douglas Baird was born at 3:01 this afternoon (June 28). He was 8 lbs 9 oz and 20" long. He is very healthy as is Mom. Lindsey was absolutely amazing today as she gave birth 100% natural.

We went into the hospital this morning to be induced. The doctor broke her water and then gave her until noon to start making some progress. At around 11:30 they thought she would need some help from patocin (spelling). Just the thought of that seemed to work, and the contractions started coming. She stayed calm, and relaxed for most of the time. I have never seen anyone handle so much pain with so much strength. It was truly awesome to see her so strong during such an ordeal.

As most of you know, I was lucky to get Lindsey. I have always known that but today just confirmed that even more. She is an amazing mom and a wonderful wife. Please welcome Adam into this world.

Lindsey and Adam after a very long days work

Joseph and Adam (Thank goodness he can now shave this beard)

Look out ladies, this one is going to be a heartbreaker just give him 16 years


Still tired after the move, and a little upset about it all.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Joseph, for blogging after a very long day. Congrats to you and Lindsey and Adam's siblings for a job well done. Adam is beautiful and I'm impressed that you were able to take a picture of him with his eyes open. I called my mother (your grandma Polly) and told her the news.

Melinda said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful...Nice work Lindsey!

Share :) said...

Congrats Joe and Lindsey! Your new son is absolutely adorable! And Lindsey, ROCK ON for going all natural!

coração said...

Parabéns!!!!!
Ele é lindo!!!
como o resto de seus filhos!!!!
Salmos 127:03
Lindsey é muito corajosa!!!
realmente ela é uma mulher especial!!!
Amamos vcs!!!!
bjos

Bob and Vonnie said...

After seeing Adam for the first time, Reese said to me, "You know Grandma, I think babies are actually amazing." All your kids are. And so are you, Lindsey. You too Joseph.

Unknown said...

So cute! Joesph, I didn't know you had that handle bar beard. Nice. The pictures don't do the little guy justice. he's even cuter in person.

Amanda said...

Congrats!!! Linds I can't believe you went the nature way! You are a better women than I am-I have no interest. Hope you guys are doing well!!! -Amanda

Sarah A. said...

I am WAYYYYYYYY late on posting, but CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you are doing really good you guys! He is so cute! Great Job Lindsey I am very impressed! You all need to make a trip out to AZ!:)