Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Scouts & Birthdays

Last Friday Joseph recieved a really neat scouting award. He recieved the District Award of Merit. It is the highest award that a District in scouting can give. It was pretty cool. He had no idea he was getting it until that night. He did say that when when my parents showed up he started to get an idea since there would be no reason for them to be there if he wasn't getting anything. But it was really neat, we had his sisters stay in the hall with the kids until they were announcing his award. They snuck in and screamed like crazy for him. He enjoyed it I think. He got the award with another lady from our ward who has also done a lot to help the boys. And yes, for some reason he has a beard again. The very next day Joseph helped with scouting for food where our local district filled two full semi trucks with food.



Additionally we had another birthday in the family. Ali is now 3 years old. coming up to her birthday, Joseph and I would ask what she wanted and all she would say was PINK. So for her birthday she got PINK. Everything was pink. Thanks to the neighbor, Ali had a completely pink birthday with pink cake, pink ice cream, pink plates, pink mac and cheese, pink juice etc. It was really quite cute.




2 comments:

The Ashlee said...

That neighbor is so cute, wish she was my neighbor. HAHA. Ali is so stinking cute. And we love love Yosif, and that award he received was very deserved. Love you guys

Unknown said...

Ali is so cute!!!! I'm sad I couldn't be a Joseph's award presentation. And I'm sadder that I didn't know you had a party for her. I love you!