Monday, December 8, 2008

WOW, talk about Insane!

I don't even know where to begin.......I guess I do! Many of you responded to my last post (which was forever ago, I know, I'm sorry!) The majority got it right.....Reese is the top picture and Adam is the bottom! I love those pictures, and how much alike they look!


Next on my list of events was my Senior Recital. But while things were winding up for this event I had found out a few days before that my grandpa was not going to be staying with us much longer....and passed away the night before my recital. My grandpa lived to be 100 years old, and is one of the greatest men I know. He had a sense of humor that is like no one else's. I am so fortunate that my mom and Joseph and I have decided to carry on his Pine Nut business that he loved so much. It is an honor. I love my grandpa and will miss him terribly, but you know what? Just like with my other grandpa that passed away 4 years ago.....it's like they're not really gone, because I can still feel they're spirit. And it is so comforting to know that I will see them again.

So.....for my recital the next day I just blocked all emotion so that I could get through it. I had thought about postponing it, but thought I've got to get this over with, I didn't want to prolong the stress. So the show went on! With only 2 very minor glitches in words, one of which was a foreign language so no one knew that one, it went smoothly! And I'm so glad it is now behind me. I now only have my Vocal Juries to do, and then...... it will be finished. We did record it, and we are still trying to figure out how to put some of it online. We used my neighbors video camera...so it's all new to us.

Next in line was Thanksgiving, and the day after!!! We had a lovely day, and even got to talk to Joseph's parents who are serving a mission in Brazil, via web cam! So they got to see everyone, and we got to see them. It was a nice bonus to the day! The day after Thanksgiving was eventful. Normally I go out shopping just to be with my mom and sisters, but this year I actually had some things that I needed to get. So, my beloved neighbor (same as the one mentioned above) had my kids sleepover, so that Joseph and I could venture out at 4 in the morning! We went to Toys R Us while the rest of my sisters went to Walmart. I think we got the better end of the craziness. Over all, between a Thanksgiving Day sale, and the day after, I had gotten all but 2-3 gifts taken care of! AWESOME!! I hate shopping.

And then the next item in line was my LASIK surgery! It was cool! We have a video of that too, but I don't know it we'll put it on here, it can be kind of freaky! But the first couple of days I was blurry, and still am 4 days later. But it is much better than the first day, and is much better than I could see without my glasses! Yay! I got a different procedure than what people usually think of when they think of LASIK. Usually the one most heard of is that they cut a flap on the eye, do the laser work and then put the flap back down to heal. When doing this, there is no irritation after, and you can see well almost instantly.....and it's $700 more expensive. The method I did, is called PRK. This is where instead of making a flap, they scrape the tissue off the top of the eye, do the laser work, and then put a non-prescription contact over the eye as a band aid, until the tissue can grow back, which usually takes 3-5 days. Now this procedure is safer, less expensive, but does have a bit of irritation, and it takes a bit longer for your eyes to be at "perfect" sight. But hey all in all, I'm excited that I did it. And after having children I can put up with a couple days of irritation!!! And it's only because of our HSA that we were able to even do this! Oh, and thanks to Hoopes Vision, of course!

Now we are into the craziness of December. Anna is in a musical theater group, and with that she has to take a dance class too. Well, her theater class has 17 performances this month on top of her dance class doing the Nutcracker. Our December is pretty much gone! She loves dancing and music, and so this is exciting for her. But I think she doesn't know what to do about the time commitment. (we didn't either, wow.) We will figure out what will be best for all of us. I will post performance pictures when we take them!!!

So that is what has been happening since my last post. Now that school will be over, I will try and do better!

2 comments:

Dedee said...

What!?!?! No cousins lunch.

~snicker~

You have an even crazier month than I do, and I thought mine was bad. Here's praying you come out the other side with your sanity in tact!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you posted something, its been sometime, glad to hear your doing good. My mother said she saw you the day after Thanksgiving. Hope to hear from you soon.