Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Porto Alegre North

Well my parents have finally made it to POA. (Porto Alegre) They flew out of SLC yesterday and after many hours and probably a few very long layovers, they are in Porto Alegre Brazil. They called this evening and were telling me how excited they were to be in my old mission area. They have seen the Temple, something I have never done, and are at the mission home tonight. This is the same mission home that I was in before and it is weird to think of the rooms there and them standing in the same place as I was just without me.

I remember when other missionaries had their parents there at the end of their mission and how I wished my parents were there too. They are now there, I am just up here. But they are safe and it sounds like they have a lot of work that they can do down there. My dad may be teaching an institute class, and my mom may help with the perpetual education fund.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Joseph Andrew, for the blog posting. I've printed it and mailed it to Grandma Polly today along with some photos that I've taken over this past summer. She'll love to read your blog and see the pictures. I'm looking forward to the day that your mother posts something on her blog! Love, Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Joseph Andrew, for blogging so quickly that your mom and dad had arrived safely. I printed your posting and mailed it to Mother this afternoon along with some photo prints from our summer activities. She'll love to read what you wrote and she'll love seeing the photos, too. I can hardly wait until your mother finally posts something on her blog! Thanks, again. Love, Aunt Sue

Sarah A. said...

How exciting! That's so cool that they are in your mission! Hope you guys are doing good!

Anonymous said...

well, Joseph and Lindsey, I'm not bonkers with age yet. Google gave me a message that my first comment wasn't accepted so I wrote it again from memory and then posted that so.....there are two almost identical comments from me when I intended there be only one! Sorry!